A few weeks ago, I went home to visit my parents for their birthday. Yup, they have the same birthday – two years apart. It’s cute. They’re cute.
I told my dad I would make him cheesecake for his birthday and asked him what kind he wanted. His response was “ribbons of decadent caramel in a cheesecake platform.” Whatever that means, right? After some Googling, I selected the recipe below, and it was AMAZING. Although I was informed I didn’t make “decadent enough ribbons” of caramel. We had to drizzle some extra on top when we served it. So make sure you ribbon the caramel with a heavy hand!
Caramel Swirl Cheesecake
From Taste of Home
Prep: 40 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and coconut; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and ricotta until blended. Add sugar and flour and mix well. Combine cream and vanilla; gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Spread filling over crust. Drizzle with caramel topping; gently cut through filling with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.