I am very excited to share the culmination of my curtain project today. As my last post revealed, it didn’t really get off to a good start. So I went to bed and woke the next morning, refreshed and with a renewed determination to hang my curtain rod.
My third trip to the hardware store yielded the correct length of screws. I present to you, a securely mounted bracket!
One might argue that I am a little too proud of my bracket. One might get smacked.
I used clip rings to hang the curtains, and the above photo is how they looked at first.
Thrifty tip: You can buy single twin flat sheets at Walmart for $5 a piece. That’s what my curtains are made out of. It’s cheaper than buying fabric by the yard.
However, they were slightly too long hanging like this.
I folded over the top of the curtains and clipped them on the fold, creating a valance and solving the length problem in one fell swoop! (And if you look closely, you will spy one of my modular felt coasters on the coffee table there).