This fine -15 degree wind chill morning I made coffee with my roommate’s new one-cup coffee maker, affectionately named Laterian Keurig.
And here he is, image snitched off Keurig’s official site which is here, for anyone who desires their own Laterian.
Now, the only other people with one of these that I’ve seen were some really rich people who owned a condo in Chicago that my family and I stayed at once. All the carpets were white, and there was a phone in every room and they had an intercom system so you could call the other rooms on the phone in case you know, you couldn’t walk twenty feet to talk to the other person face-to-face.
So when Kathryn told me she was getting one of these machines, I thought, “Oh man…(flashback to all white carpet–shudder)…”
But I am completely swayed.
- makes one-cup at a time, so no wasted coffee (a sin in my book)
- Tasty coffee
- Comes with a one-cup sized filter so when you run out of the individual one-cup things, you can use your own coffee
- You can also make Hot Chocolate with it
- Costs more than a simple coffee pot at Target
- Makes funny noises, kinda loud
- Have to buy the cups that go with it (see here) (but see pro above)
But I have to say, Laterian and I, we’re friends. Mainly because Kathryn let me use him this morning and I got some GOOD coffee.
If you’re wondering where the name Laterian came from, check out this SWEET youTube video. It may leave you wondering what is wrong with this world, but its funny.
And this link is totally relevant to the mass comm part of the blog: blogging design contest. Whoot.